Fundamental Misconceptions of Science
Jim Etchinson has a series of posts over at Recovering Fundamentalists on the fundamental misconceptions of science.
- Introduction: Fundamental Misconceptions of Science
- Misconception #1: Scientists Have an Atheist Agenda.
- Misconception #2: Theories Require “Faith” to Believe.
- Misconception #3: Scientists Disagree on Everything.
- Misconception #4: A Scientific World View Leads to a Brutal, Bloody Society
- Misconception #5: Scientists Are Arrogant, But They Can’t Know Everything
- Misconception #6: Science Takes the Beauty Out of the Universe
- Conclusion: Fundamental Misconceptions of Science
I’m guessing if one were so inclined he or she could probably find some parallels between the misconceptions of science and the misconceptions of biblical studies, e.g., liberal scholars have an atheist agenda.